Register for Class Today!
What this fees includes:
- Note: Total fee must be paid prior to class sessions.
- This fee include the book and access to the online portal.
- The course offered are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient enrollment.
- Completion of the course does not guarantee employment, nor are graduates required to work for the company.
Signup and Submit Payment
Please enter your credit or debit card information below to submit your deposit or make full payment.
Income Tax Preparation Course Bilingual Textbook
This course is a bilingual (English & Spanish) basic overview of tax preparation. And, it's only available in the Fall of every year. Prior tax knowledge is not a requirement to take the course. This 15-chapter book is a basic overview of the Form 1040. At the end of each chapter, you will answer the chapter review questions and prepare a practice tax return. You must complete all the chapters, the final review questions and each practice tax return to receive a Certificate of Completion for the course. Everyone that successfully completes the course, is responsible for completing a new or a renewal application with the IRS for the IRS Tax Preparer Identification Number (PTIN) before the 31st of December of every year.
Tax Preparation Course What You'll Learn in Our Course
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
Online Portal for Tax Preparation
After reading each chapter you will have to login to your own online portal to answer the review questions related to the material that you read, and to prepare practice tax returns. Also, you will be able to download the PDF practice tax return scenarios and the necessary forms to prepare the tax returns by hand. You will then answer questions related to the tax preparation.
Follow Glenn Harper
Meet Your InstructorGlenn Harper
Class Leader of Atax Deltona Blvd
My name is Glenn Harper. I have been a licensed CPA for over thirty years. I recently sold a CPA tax practice and am opening an Atax tax office in Deltona, Florida. I'm looking forward to helping others become tax professionals and provide meaningful service to their community.
My name is Glenn Harper. I received my accounting degree from the University of North Florida and have been a CPA for over 30 years. Over my career I have worked for two of the Big Four CPA firms, and a couple of local CPA firms, including my own firm. In addition, I have had a couple of CFO roles in the construction contracting industry. I recently sold my own tax practice in North Florida to open an Atax franchise office in Deltona, Florida. I have been observing the tax franchise model for a number of years and have been a fan of John Hewitt. When I learned about the Atax opportunity I decided this was an amazing option for the next chapter of my life. I also love the Atax focus on providing tax services and employment opportunities to Spanish-speaking people. I am looking forward to offering personal tax services to individuals, as well as a full range of services to small businesses in the Deltona community. I’m also looking forward to providing employment opportunities, including training, to benefit that community, which happens to be one of the most populous in Florida.