Register for Class Today!
What this fees includes:
- Note: Total fee must be paid prior to class sessions.
- This fee include the book and access to the online portal.
- The course offered are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient enrollment.
- Completion of the course does not guarantee employment, nor are graduates required to work for the company.
Signup and Submit Payment
Please enter your credit or debit card information below to submit your deposit or make full payment.
Payment Option Coming Soon!
Income Tax Preparation Course Bilingual Textbook
This course is a bilingual (English & Spanish) basic overview of tax preparation. And, it's only available in the Fall of every year. Prior tax knowledge is not a requirement to take the course. This 15-chapter book is a basic overview of the Form 1040. At the end of each chapter, you will answer the chapter review questions and prepare a practice tax return. You must complete all the chapters, the final review questions and each practice tax return to receive a Certificate of Completion for the course. Everyone that successfully completes the course, is responsible for completing a new or a renewal application with the IRS for the IRS Tax Preparer Identification Number (PTIN) before the 31st of December of every year.
Tax Preparation Course What You'll Learn in Our Course
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
Online Portal for Tax Preparation
After reading each chapter you will have to login to your own online portal to answer the review questions related to the material that you read, and to prepare practice tax returns. Also, you will be able to download the PDF practice tax return scenarios and the necessary forms to prepare the tax returns by hand. You will then answer questions related to the tax preparation.
Follow jenny jijon-wallace
Meet Your Instructorjenny jijon-wallace
Class Leader of ATAX - Cherry Hill, NJ
I originally lived in New York City and graduated with a BS from City College of New York City. I began my Operational Management career in retail in 1989 and eventually became a District Manager for a large corporation. After many years in retail, I discovered that I have a passion for numbers and about 15 years ago I was given the opportunity to learn about taxes in the ATAX Marbel Hill office in the Bronx . This lead me to adventure into the TAX industry and open my own ATAX office, this has giving me the opportunity to meet and help people form the Cherry Hill community as well as costumers from all over the United States. Our office serves a large community of Latinos from Central and South Jersey. We provide services to clients on their personal and business taxes. We have a CAA agent for your ITIN application process and we offer Bookkeeping as well as payroll services. We take pride on giving our clients the best experience and make sure they leave with the right information on their hands. We hope you join us in our Tax School starting soon.