Register for Class Today!
What this fees includes:
- Note: Total fee must be paid prior to class sessions.
- This fee include the book and access to the online portal.
- The course offered are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient enrollment.
- Completion of the course does not guarantee employment, nor are graduates required to work for the company.
Income Tax Preparation Course Bilingual Textbook
This course is a bilingual (English & Spanish) basic overview of tax preparation. And, it's only available in the Fall of every year. Prior tax knowledge is not a requirement to take the course. This 15-chapter book is a basic overview of the Form 1040. At the end of each chapter, you will answer the chapter review questions and prepare a practice tax return. You must complete all the chapters, the final review questions and each practice tax return to receive a Certificate of Completion for the course. Everyone that successfully completes the course, is responsible for completing a new or a renewal application with the IRS for the IRS Tax Preparer Identification Number (PTIN) before the 31st of December of every year.
Tax Preparation Course What You'll Learn in Our Course
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
Online Portal for Tax Preparation
After reading each chapter you will have to login to your own online portal to answer the review questions related to the material that you read, and to prepare practice tax returns. Also, you will be able to download the PDF practice tax return scenarios and the necessary forms to prepare the tax returns by hand. You will then answer questions related to the tax preparation.
Follow Paul Huitzil
Meet Your InstructorPaul Huitzil
Class Leader of ATAX - Barnum Avenue
Paul Has been preparing taxes for several years, and was trained by one of the best! He is experienced in a variety of tax returns ranging from simple returns to Schedule C's, E's, some partnerships, S-Corps, and C-Corps. Paul is bi-lingual -- he is fluent in both Spanish and English. Paul is looking forward to teaching this year's Tax School in Spanish, and possibly working with you in the future!
Paul is originally from the Bronx, NY and was raised in Bridgeport, CT. A Graduate of Norwalk Community college, Paul received his Bachelors degree in Business Administration in 2016 from Sacred Heart University. Paul then went on to graduate from NYU School of Wagner with a masters degree in Healthcare Administration. He has worked at Yale New Haven Health Systems for 16 years prior to working at New York Presbyterian hospital as biling compliance Coordinator. Paul recently joined the ATAX Team and is one of our strongest preparer/managers. His experience and great personality make him the perfect instructor! ATAX is a full-service national tax preparation and business services franchise with locations nationwide.