Register for Class Today!
|2302||16 Oct 2023 - 22 Nov 2023||Mondays and Wednesdays||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM||English||Online|
What this fees includes:
- Note: Total fee must be paid prior to class sessions.
- This fee include the book and access to the online portal.
- The course offered are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient enrollment.
- Completion of the course does not guarantee employment, nor are graduates required to work for the company.
Signup and Submit Payment
Please enter your credit or debit card information below to submit your deposit or make full payment.
Income Tax Preparation Course Bilingual Textbook
This course is a bilingual (English & Spanish) basic overview of tax preparation. And, it's only available in the Fall of every year. Prior tax knowledge is not a requirement to take the course. This 15-chapter book is a basic overview of the Form 1040. At the end of each chapter, you will answer the chapter review questions and prepare a practice tax return. You must complete all the chapters, the final review questions and each practice tax return to receive a Certificate of Completion for the course. Everyone that successfully completes the course, is responsible for completing a new or a renewal application with the IRS for the IRS Tax Preparer Identification Number (PTIN) before the 31st of December of every year.
Tax Preparation Course What You'll Learn in Our Course
- Prepare most individual tax returns
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibility for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute depreciation for assets and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
Online Portal for Tax Preparation
After reading each chapter you will have to login to your own online portal to answer the review questions related to the material that you read, and to prepare practice tax returns. Also, you will be able to download the PDF practice tax return scenarios and the necessary forms to prepare the tax returns by hand. You will then answer questions related to the tax preparation.
Follow Will & Lenawee Pena
Meet Your InstructorWill & Lenawee Pena
Class Leader of ATAX - Tucson AZ
Hello, we are Will and Lenawee Pena. This is our second year as Atax Franchise owners and we are looking forward to helping our community grow, learn and thrive.
Hello, we are Will and Lenawee Pena. We are 2nd year franchise owners of ATAX in Tucson, Az. We have been married for 20 years, and we have 3 children and 3 grandchildren, that we are lucky to have live close to us here in Tucson. Although we are relatively new to ATAX. We are not new to franchise ownership. We have been Estrella Insurance Franchise owners for 5 years, we are very excited to continue to grow both of our businesses. As we have done with our insurance business, we will continue to strive to educate and protect our customers. Our goal is to open additional insurance and tax offices to better reach and serve our Latino community. In our spare time we like to spend time with family and pursue our hobbies of woodworking, pen turning, paper crafting, baking and traveling to new places.